Re: LF: Considerations about wide DX experiments on 630m and tonites QRS

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Considerations about wide DX experiments on 630m and tonites QRSS-60
From: "Victor van Kooten" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:18:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Is stacking of let's say qrss3 signals a possebility? This is used with
succes on 30 M and other HF bands,so the software is available...

73

Victor
PA3FNY

>>> Stefan Schäfer<[email protected]> 11/02/2013
23:57 >>>
MF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Edgar in Tasmania was recently asking if i have some plans about DX
experiments on 630m. Well that is a path of > 16000 km. However we do
not have real experience if that is easier than 2200m or rather
impossible.

At least i know that there was not even a single decode by UA0SNV in my

MF WSPR and QRSS tests so far, while it is no problem on LF (OK my MF
signal is weaker than my LF signal). Thus i would guess that it is much

harder to get some traces of a signal on 630m. We will try anyway!

I'm starting to run a QRSS-60 transmission on 476.172 kHz (+- a few Hz)

for the night. Maybe someone across the pond will catch something. We,

or at least i still have no experience about the QSB problem on very
slow QRSS transmissions on MF. It would be interesting to see a
spectrogram.

On air in a few minutes.

73, Stefan/DK7FC

PS: No, not only beacon transmissions, i've just had a > 1 hour long CW

QSO with PA0LCE and DK6SX/p! Also contacts to OK2BVG and S57A.