Re: LF: BUSY 476.175

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: BUSY 476.175
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:08:34 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=QRIwYVPIjPFQZSJS2hdKACsVt0K/DG4rteCU6/SEdJE=; b=FLib2PWmHlu9/d8N5XooPE+yVztnslTrz7CzirzDdY94eDaCRaYWZ7uq4FCisWk3ZL BTrI6ofOPC7iad6wqOHfvPyplrHDf+0PEEe9GIa/NlpmoLSjH0GybOOo3zkEP9QqXyor Wm8zwbs/TI31srPQ3IaoEu9s9ZlEi0HN+0PxUI78axoW5um03rgLttugyutjxbFyHjr+ j3SJgXoE5PcUxrXYSpVDsqi9Aaxo9LO0gHq23nSXxT5y7ZSajDrj7oeGHXM1YEnNO49e R7cwL76ZBnQTMn/PT1iGOyRXd6ibWhu3N9fiqjuYqGcvUwuLcpfNMOlWEV0lVe2t7vbI cCBg==
Sender: [email protected]
Mal,

Although I am not WSPR TXing this evening, the quantitative measurements on earth-electrode antennas carried out over the last few days would simply not have been possible without a stream of WSPR reports from very many stations.

A large quantity of data was collected using several different TX antennas over the course of several days/nights and this allowed me, Rik OR7T, Jim M0BMU and others to calculate how effective my various antenna configurations were.

In a small way, I think we all found out something new by doing this fascinating exercise.  So, please don't belittle the benefits of WSPR and similar beaconing modes: they are helping in "self training".

Just because you don't enjoy these modes, it does not mean that others don't. You enjoy your CW DXing and I'll enjoy my hobby in a different, but equally valid way.

There is space for us all.

73s
Roger G3XBM