LF: 472kHz antenna experiments

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, [email protected], Eddie <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 472kHz antenna experiments
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 18:08:21 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=wSs2yn5JBIwjm6lwWmDUtdNeJu0gCjXenW0/SpqF0Jk=; b=k9fx/P8KfIhLc42C+dLQCHxAIsA8CRu5ru04mLPxo4/GVpsnbHlHLz33ZUSCl8Jnmm IlgBouz+gXvEgXzjYpBL4AxtAbrXuGZ3DTdCvXWtqFtJ0vvHZa3WDb6SFxnV9bsFHeLp rpAavzsL5pq9qClp7TsXau+k+PtbKelwL5UoW+ZwAQL09KXoii/V/uP/1i/ea8GVssD8 u+/fImQ8SUmLf/EEguesXebGVn1JCOG2xNZmjnX+EiOhi/QSsd94xF8paGhT2Rt3GETc JS4AnvmE2zAonWlMJvC00y737ZUgyZccBw+6UeK0fF9gyZp4J9uujKjqvYzWiiBDAGRu OfLw==
Sender: [email protected]
The last part of my experiment with 472kHz (odd) antennas is to use a more normal antenna!

So, this afternoon I've erected a better Marconi with about 9m of vertical reasonably in the clear with 30uH inductance just before the T top section (these are around 3m long each side) and another 30uH near the bottom.  A bit more top inductance would be preferable.  I am tuning the antenna to resonance with my ferrite rod still and tuning against 3 ground rods and my central heating copper.  Initial results suggest around 100mW ERP is now being achieved and reports would appear to confirm this improvement.

Tomorrow, after an overnight WSPR run, I should be able to quantify the improvement compared with the various flavours of earth electrode antennas.

Any 472kHz WSPR reports in the next 12 hours would be appreciated.

73s
Roger G3XBM