Re: LF: Earth probe antenna tests on 472kHz WSPR

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Earth probe antenna tests on 472kHz WSPR
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 15:29:41 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:subject:references:from:content-type:x-mailer :in-reply-to:message-id:date:to:content-transfer-encoding :mime-version; bh=x3qRi6EoSc42AT6cNbj1seL+BpivLwOcErUU3nVsmHs=; b=TjIAjUkekrPH/MqF1a8HIqLIePgYz2UhBDf90T7+KMDT9IO2JDsprfqzHWOs5pQJMK 8hKvcfF3ZLLF4+P+RObxrFkC1fvTIgfGqrq1HmQPT2rIDqP+r6rz9GAUfGd91cFfMcyY CvaJeoOxOv6MgPmwAVBPof9URwjDaCpAkm/K4m38a9ccKpZu/NaE3/0fLRUE4/0ZClP/ GLvCvX9jeCsfD3s3oPFTJPUQQr0OsLmxSv+BYZ4ohlze91Bu7mm9Hi6u5BI7oioImAc2 pCAVZKTM+YEhDqGIlcRx4Yq49o/d4Ve6EpkgLgliR8QBF3YMABv/oucUZlugftXlI+JI obsA==
Sender: [email protected]
Eddie,

I have copied you already on the earth electrode antenna this afternoon and see
you are copying me too. Signals to/from G4HJW 9km away are as strong as before.
At greater range signals are down a bit, but still getting plenty of spots.

Not sure of the ERP on the earth electrodes. With the same current meter in
series with the earth electrode loop I measure about 30% of the voltage on the
short Marconi.

I find it amazing this set-up works as well as it does. Who needs antennas!

The earth-electrode 472kHz kit will run overnight and I'll be able to analyse
results thereafter.

BTW Eddie, we should manage a 2-way Jt9-1 QSO with me on the earth electrode
antenna. Maybe try later in the week, although I hope to erect a REAL antenna
for 472kHz next week to compare with all results so far (big external loading
coil, longer vertical section, top capacity hat).

73s
Roger G3XBM