Re: LF: MF NOW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF NOW
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 18:58:30 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

Hope this not turning into a 20-watt ERP beacon.. ;-) Well just kidding, but see calculations below.

AFAIK, we are still limited to 1 W ERP in this country since some borders are less than 800 km away from the 'primary' users. Not sure if this will change - anyone out there with more info ? From the old (preliminary?= text at at

http://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/BNetzA/Sachgebiete/Telekommunikation/Regulierung/Frequenzordnung/Amateurfunk/AmtsblattverfuegungenAFu/Mitteilung3862012NutzungFreqBereich472_479kHz.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Es wird darauf hingewiesen, diese Regelung sensibel anzuwenden, Störungen zu vermeiden und die
maximale Leistung nur dann auszuschöpfen, wenn es zur Aufrechterhaltung einer Funkverbindung
oder für experimentelle Zwecke als zwingend notwendig erachtet wird.
<

Anyway, make the best of it, and add a few taps at the output transformer to step down the power if necessary. Remember Andy's nice EIRP calculator (xls) ?

Effective antenna height = 10 meters
Capacitance = 260 pF (guesstimate but realistic for a medium sized antenna)
Total resistance = somewhere around 31 ohms
Power input = 700 Watts

-> EIRP = 27 Watts

Good for DX but not for the license.

73,  Wolf .

Am 03.01.2013 18:28, schrieb Stefan Schäfer:
Mal,

Guess that project will help a bit, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/MF/DSC04496.JPG
Coming soon...

73, Stefan

Am 03.01.2013 17:20, schrieb mal hamilton:
Stefan
I am more or less sea path all the way, which no doubt helps me
gl de mal/g3kev