Re: LF: 472kHz ERP calculations based on WSPR results

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 472kHz ERP calculations based on WSPR results
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 23:38:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Maybe you can show your location and the locations of the RX stations in a map. Then add the calculated ERP. Maybe you can find some more RX stations and you will see a directional pattern from the antenna. Maybe it acts like a loop? Or a mixture of a loop, a dipole on the ground and measurement errors. Furthermore people may have different noise background levels, as you say.

When will you try a full size dipole on the ground? You have a notebook, a QRP PA, a battery, a compact PA and some forest not to far from the house. And you will need not more than 280m of wire for that test :-) It may become the best MF antenna that you ever had! :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC