LF: Alans stroner stuff - Auroral conditions and Pesky Proton count

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Alans stroner stuff - Auroral conditions and Pesky Proton count
From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 14:16:34 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Ill join u in a few hours in the stronger stuff Alan :-) -

The Auroral map and Proton count is looking good over Pole - I would early like the count below 1.0 Proton cm cubed but it hasnt been that low for a while. This East to West USA path is really daunting both at MF and LF and guess its a mix of the known geo/iono East/West crossing issues, ground graze losses plus the intervening mountain ranges - it all adds up

Still with Christmas  its given me time to reduce noise on the VLF 'array'  and I see some Antics going on around 23kHz wideband. GBZ is putting in a good signal today too - It tends to gets wallopped by NWC

Got to admit its nice being home most of the time here in Alaska and not looking at the next flight (well not until Jan 7th) - thanks Alan

 http://kl7uk.com/VLFAlaska.html   VLF
http://kl7uk.com/Alaska.html         MF HF etc (auto refreshes if you wait long enough)

Laurence KL 1 X   WE2 XPQ et al