Re: LF: FT-241A xtals?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: FT-241A xtals?
From: David Pratt <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 07:59:14 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

I don't see why not, Dimitris; my 501-504 kHz transmitter uses a 6AC7 Clapp VFO - 6AC7 untuned BA - 807 PA to a once conventional pi-network output. The VFO is in fact an old top band VFO with the coil and capacitors changed. ;-)

73 de David G4DMP / G3KEP

In a recent message, Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]> writes
Hello lf group,

has anyone made or thought of making a 472 kc transmitter using
vintage FT-241A xtals? I have three or four of these with fundamental
frequencies in the 474 kc to 479 kc range, so I was thinking of making
a traditional 6AG7/807 transmitter, just for the fun of it.

Can't think of a better transmitter for hand keyed CW for that
historic part of the spectrum!

73, Dimitris VK1SV

--
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |