LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] 475kHz EIRP

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] 475kHz EIRP
From: Holger 'Geri' DK8KW DI2BO W1KW <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 12:55:47 +0100
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
Hi OMs, YLs,

The good thing probably is that the authorities are equally challenged by these
definition and measuring ERP, EIRP or whatever radiates power definition we use.

I remember years back, when Markus, DF6NM, Walter, DJ2LF and me had developed
our method of measuring e.r.p. on LF using a 1 meter diameter loop antenna and
an MV-61 level meter. Basically Markus develops the theoretical background and
Walter and me did the practical works and test.

Long story short: Walter was asked by the German authorities if we would be
ready to assist them in order to calibrate their equipment by using our method
because their equipment officially was certified only above 500 kHz.

Walters 136 kHz transmitter was activated and two radiation measurement teams,
one consisting of the German Bundesnetzagentur and the other one of us three
hams did parallel measurements. Needless to say that this cooperation assisted
in further improving the already good relationship between our German 'OFCOM'
and the German hams :)

Vy 73

Geri, DK8KW € (still) DI2BO