Re: LF: WSJT-X timing

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSJT-X timing
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:25:02 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Mike,

looking at JT9-1 and -2, transmissions appear to start one second after (not before) the minute tick, and end about 10 seconds before the next one. I find that this is also correctly displayed on the waterfall, ie. with a small empty gap between the minute marker and the start of the carrier, and a larger gap at the end.

I have no explanation for your observation that incoming signals seem to start before the minute marker. Did you see this on a local test signal from a second program instance? Or from a remote station, whose clock might have been running ahead?

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:32 PM
Subject: LF: WSJT-X timing

I notice by zooming in on the waterfall display (Pixel = 1) that,
despite my computer clock being synchronised with a time server, the
transmissions seem to start about one second before the waterfall
line indicating the start of the time period, and end a few seconds
before the next line.

Do others see this, or is there space before and after the
transmission on your waterfall? Is this a clue to my unreliable
reception (ie that my receive setup is slightly behind the
transmitted signals)?

MIke, G3XDV