LF: XPQ WSPR daytime

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: XPQ WSPR daytime
From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 07:15:14 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
WE2XPQ will be running WSPR dial 136kHz 50%  (Tx carrier 137.7520 appx) thru the daytime period today for testing purposes.

Ive decided my FT817 isnt such an unstable frequency beast for LF transverter use - the unmodded TS850 using 5MHz was an untammed monster as it warmed up but in the ended up as a small cyclic heating 0.1Hz variation good enough for  slow speeds. Conditions still improving slowly and made it into JA5FP and others last night even under wind stormy conditions here in South Central Alaska - not looking forward (probably!) to the the plasma heading our way today from the Coronal hole... :-(

Laurence KL1 X