LF: OP32 tonight

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: OP32 tonight
From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:52:29 -0900
Sender: [email protected]

Being a glutton for stressing out my antennae coupler WE2XPQ will be QRV from appx 0100Z till dawn or as advised . Carrier frew appx +1500Hz (137.5 appx give or take the software plonk freq preferences)

Mode is Op32 -

The system ran fine overnight with the low -25C at the coupler probably helping -and was very well behaved repeating every hour - looking at OTNP (over the North Pole) Eu conditions are still not the best but at least I could see DCF39.

Im not sure whether we are going to be blessed with any Eu or other country LF openings from up here this year/solar cycle peak as so far there have been too many disturbances. This contributing to high levels of attenuation North and Eastwards from Alaska. Still, thats whats it all about - Empirical measurement and all that.

I noticed that DHO38 went into "Super power" carrier only during its normally quiet period between 07-08Z this morning peaking up to -50dBm for a few mins - not sure if anyone else saw this?

After discussions with a number of Alumni plans are being made to double the area of the loop and attempt to look at reducing the ground losses.

Regards

Laurence KL 1 X  WE2 XPQ
 Rather cool and no snow Alaska
http://kl7uk.com