Re: LF: Fwd: JT9-2 failed now JT9-1 500khz + 1400hz

To: "*[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Fwd: JT9-2 failed now JT9-1 500khz + 1400hz
From: Joe Taylor <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:38:39 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Eddie, Tobias, and all,

I've solved the riddle of Eddie's local JT9-2 transmissions that failed to decode.

The problem is, as originally suspected, the result of small frequency drifts -- in this case acting together with the Gray-coding applied to the data.

I will work on a solution this week, including an appropriate algorithm for measuring and removing small amounts of frequency drift as part of the decoding process.

In the meantime, if you're experiencing this problem it's best to stick with JT9-1 because that sub-mode has the largest tone spacing.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT