Re: LF: WSJT-X v0.5 r2788

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSJT-X v0.5 r2788
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:08:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Thanks Joe,

Well, the QRN on LF is quite different to that on HF. So probably the optimised parameter settings (to be found) will be quite different as well. As a spontan idea, maybe the program should allow to choose the band which we are receiving on and the program will use specific NB settings, different on LF compared to HF. For serious (serious is relative) LF DX, JT9-10 and JT9-30 will be preferred, also in contrast to HF. So i think i'll go on in these modes and RX stations may collect some wav recordings for future anylysis. I'll enable "Save all" as well here.

I'll try to run WSJT-X at YV7MAE in FK81BD as well, this night in JT9-30. It may be a bit to optimistic to expect a decode though.

73, Stefan/DK7FC

PS: Another idea: If there are some RX stations who like to do some tests, we could try to run 2 instances of WSJT-X, one with and one without the NB. Maybe it requires to install the program twice, in separate folders