LF: WSJT-X Files for Joe

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: WSJT-X Files for Joe
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 13:13:30 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

One of my theories for decodes of my own signal failing locally and I suspect DX has been frequency drift in my transverter, I worked on that one and improved it immensely.

I use my Kenwood TS870 both to drive the transverter and RX on 500kHz and 136KHz I have tested to see if some frequency drift sets in after a few transmit sessions. Whilst I am still receiving G8HUH on 136KHz fine my local copy of my TX signal failed. It seems that JT9-2 and slower may be not for us mortals who use an HF rig and Transverter to produce our output. I am going to test again using JT9-1, I have not seen problems with it.

It remains to be proven whether sessions of false decodes are also due to heat from periods of Transmit causing drift of the RX. After a period last night PA0O decoded regularly.

Possibly some reports from others of "didn't decode at first then started to decode for no reason" is their RX stabilising after switch on.

For Joe, files of before and after.

Eddie