Re: LF: Darkness is coming

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Darkness is coming
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 19:27:34 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
137 grabber is on and will leave on all night

From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:51:42 -0800
Subject: LF: Darkness is coming

Well Its 1045am, 1845Z and Im seeing DCF39 at this time which tells me its getting darker and colder out there!

 I run overnight on DFCW around 137.776 at 800W more to shake down the array but appears nominal. I didnt see anything from any of the snappers but I shouldn't be disappointed as LF up here in very fickle.

 For the moment the ground and lake is frozen but the wind has been blowing hard for days. Im reloading Opera as on tx it kind of gives out after about 10 secs with a warbly audio - Ill retest later but its not a RF issue.

Ah yes, for got to say that on comparing my large TX loop, 2T K9AY and L400B probe on the North Pole path  on receive- the L400B probe (up at 60ft and near the lake) gives slightly better rx s/n results - its less than a dB but hey Ill take it - and given the wave angle of the loop(s) they was some variability -

Laurence KL 1X
Wasilla Alaska