LF: 500kHz USB dial WSPR tests again tonight

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: 500kHz USB dial WSPR tests again tonight
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 19:59:36 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=rqJUDirRK3qJ1u5Po65EJzTo3XEPzoiU5t/oYE4sP2A=; b=bPLnA7Yb1s9ZU0cddRjdwrtTzF7GvWyG6LbrJPxvG3sN2zNLxWwXeamT2KR3ewXhHP dF/YzfWSFROMPPrVtXXNbUDF0WcQgoxqISAsysvun2FjF50sUUTR6hNgEeO1JvpyQmud RdoBPN0SKOshFXfIA5PzBe6Dpfr4gbGaOOVE7KAlLl2/HkQzduBqJq0YEd5jeB69mReI s1JPRat7nnNh1ME462gLoMfH5966I3nmvVTamHZl6CSLevthu8DgCVU2EpY1CnmkjFyR 8ShiXMcLg1J5mU8DVGdOYneQovwVqj9+Wv5ry/jtjEmHbcx6sSM4GXAxvjUPfuBTovCy IMPQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Dear All,

My QRP 500kHz WSPR station is on again this Sunday evening and any reports will be welcomed. I'm also listening between transmissions and sending reports to the WSPR database.

The 1736km to Paul-Henrik OH1LSQ in Finland several times last night (-20dB S/N at best) will be hard for me to better though. TF3HZ is my next target at just over 2000km (I hope Haldor can monitor 500kHz USB dial?) and this is probably just possible with my current system given favourable conditions and a following wind, HI..

Because of the rain, my ERP is a little lower this evening. Calculated ERP based on measured antenna current and calculated radiation resistance (which I think is optimistic) is around 100mW now and maybe 150mW at very best, although most of this is lost in the ferrite rod matching coil in the shack and in the winding route through the loft next to mains wires and copper pipes before it emerges outside for the 6m vertical part!

73s
Roger G3XBM

--
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/