Re: LF: WE2XPQ 137.7752

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WE2XPQ 137.7752
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 01:55:56 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Laurence,

Am 30.08.2012 18:34, schrieb Laurence KL7UK:

A little bit of Nostalgia - WE2XPQ Wasilla Alaska is very intermittently testing on 137.7752 DFCW various speeds and the odd bit of QRSS - Power will be up to 2W ERP but is to be confirmed.
These are good news. I'm surprised about the high LF activity in the US, more than is observed in the last DX season. And its still august :-) Maybe Opera actually moves some attention in the general LF activity, regarless which mode. It just shows others that there is something below 160m.
With 2W ERP there will certainly be some stations in your region which will receive you.

Good luck with that!

Periods of operations, modes and powers will vary as Im trying to remember all the ins and outs of why I installed 'X" relay to do a "Y" function as its been 7 years or so.

Transmitter for the moment is the Decca 5501, drivers are FT817 h/b transverter, Loop with around 100m circumference at 50ft or so and phase meter.

What is the azimuth bearing of this loop, pse?

73, Stefan/DK7FC

The Birch trees bend a lot more than the OKie Cottonwoods so not sure how much detuning will happen as thing become more slack or as the trees become snow laden -

Laurence We2xpq KL1X Wasilla Palmer Alaska BP51IP