Re: LF: OP8 T/A? ...YV7...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OP8 T/A? ...YV7...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:18:18 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jay,

A funny story. Would like to see a capture of the cat instead but this is OT. Or is it a special LF-cat, beeing able to decode OP8? :-)

Last night, Martin/YV7MAE and me, we actually successfully saw a first effect of the E-H antenna combiner, using the circuit i recently published here. There was a 3 dB S/N rise/fall of the DCF-39 carrier when switching from front to back. We almost stopped to try to have some success with this hardware due to various problems. Now we must carefully learn how to adjust the pot for optimal noise reduction. Also we have to test if better results can be obtained when changing the loop resonance frequency. 3 dB is not much but it is a first interesting step and it allows to see what is NE and SW :-)

So this is why i want to try some DFCW-90 at night but i may switch to OP8 automatically, somehow, late at night. We will see.

73 and tnx!
Stefan