Re: LF: OP8 overnight on 136k G3XDV + DK7FC - virtual audio cable...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OP8 overnight on 136k G3XDV + DK7FC - virtual audio cable...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 02:31:18 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Am 07.08.2012 01:57, schrieb Graham:
Interesting Stefan,

Is it possible  for  Venezuela  to  monitor  Op tests  ?
Yes it is. Martin is a digimode man but spent a lot of work in his antenna system and grabber. OP will be possible but not without SpecLab and a second soundcard or that virtual audio cable software. BTW can somebody give some useful informations about that software? So far i'm using 2 soundcards to receive the output of one SpecLab instance in another (or in Opera).

So far there is no chance for me to leave a trace in the EU60 grabber window at YV7MAE. So there is no chance for OP32. Hopefully the situation will improve soon so that many EU amateurs can leave a trace there.

He has now built a very large loop and set it on the top of the shack. Maybe not the best location but it is so big that it doesn't find a place in the garden, hi. I asked him if i can publish a photo...

OP8 is  doing  a  good  job  at the  moment  ?
Not better than yesterday ;-)
I have been decoded in 4X which is the best distance for me so far. But i think copies to VO1NA or UA4WPF should be no problem as well.

static  should  not  be a  problem as the  impulse time  V  tx pulse is very  short , , but  as  you  say,  with a  raised  noise  floor  , the  s/n  decrease ?
Ehm, yes. If the "next" pulse starts before the "fiirst" one is finished, and so on, then it is a never ending impulse. Oh dear, not a very proffessional explanation but you know what i mean. If the average noise floor due to QRN rises, then the S/N decreases of course...

Looking  at the  PSK map,  all  the  136 monitors  are  roughly  the  same  distance  ?
??? You can see that DF2JP is in 245 km distance and 4X1RF is in 2848 km distance...

are  there  stations located  at the  next  skip  ?
May be answered by Alan Melia. I think 4X1RF and TF3HZ is still one hop. UA4WPF will probably be a 2 hop distance.

'We' need  someone  who  could  code  a  simple  data  base , to  store  the  decode -data  , at the  moment  everything  is  being  lost , the  adif  facility on the  psk-map, seems  not to  be  functioning as  advertised , but  with the  map , all  'we'  need  is a  simple  searchable  data base , Jose  has the  server running  now, supporting  Ros  and Op mode's   interims of  chat , distance  etc ...

Any  ideas  .... ?
It would be nice to have a complete overview in that map of what was worked by a specific station or band in a specific mode. I'm doing that manually in google earth for my LF DX but it is not possible to show completely since it is a 2D map. One example https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/DK7FC-YV7MAE.png

There are many ideas for a new OP version i think. One is surely to allow a frequency shift so a decode can be achieved at e.g. 12550 Hz instead of  1550 Hz! In WSPR this is possible (i heared about that from someone :-) )...

73, Stefan/DK7FC

GL , 73 -G..

Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: LF: OP8 overnight on 136k G3XDV + DK7FC

G..,

There is a lot of QRN in EU today, so the levels are noticably lower. However the OP8 path is open to 4X and to TF of course :-). Looks like July/August is the most difficult month(s) in the year. Here we can find the wamest nights of the year, rather than in May/June. But now we're loosing 3 minutes between sunrise and sunset each day here...
There are also clear S/N improvements on the path to Venezuela, which i observe each night.

73, Stefan/DK7FC

Am 06.08.2012 23:39, schrieb Graham:
All>>>  OP8 overnight on 136k

May also be DK7FC

Storms permitting I will be sending Opera8 overnight tonight on
137.648kHz (136.000 dial). It looks like DK7FC is active, too.

Mike, G3XDV

G..