Re: LF: What is that effect?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: What is that effect?
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 00:15:57 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan

which effect do you mean?

- the undecipherable garbage in Morse code? Must be toot-toot mode *)

- the gap in the middle, between "ts" and "nr"? Must have been a temporary outage on the transmit side, or a SpecLab timewarp at G4WGT.

- The weak +- 10 Hz sidelines at the beginning? Probably a spurious modulation from the transmitter or power supply, or perhaps an artifact the receiver AGC, acting on a pair of local signals outside the spectrogram range. Or a Perseid meteor trail, moving at 20 km/s (no, not really).

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

*) Here in DL (and probably elsewhere), there is a wedding rite that the newly married couple is driving from church in a flower decorated car, followed by their friends and relatives in a convoy of cars. They follow a white chalk line painted on the street **), and usually keep honking their horns in an erratic manner. Listening to one or several instantaneous Opera signals never fails to remind me of that sound - so I privately dubbed it "honk mode".

**) Rumour has it that this white line is primarily meant to guide the couple in safe distance around the houses of their former lovers.

Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 4:33 PM
Subject: LF: What is that effect?

LF,

Just seen this on the G4WGT garbber, see attachment. Where does this
frequency spreading effect come from?

Experts: go!

73, Stefan