LF: TF - W1 path - condx

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: TF - W1 path - condx
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 02:05:15 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Am 20.08.2012 01:49, schrieb Graham:
Condx   improving   Stefan ?

No, maybe it was the first time i was listening and not transmitting :-) I am very often on air you know...

last night  low  signals  all  areas  ?
In OPera you cannot see if a low S/N is due to QRN or local QRM or poor conds or a combination of that. On a grabber you can see it :-) I think the conds have been "normal", what ever that is!

no   decodes  on the  west  coast or  into  salt lake
Still, W1TAG got 2 or 3 decodes of me.

may be the  TH3  path  is a good  indicator ?
For what? For TA conds? No, as explained by Jay. I can confirm that. The path to TF is open almost any day of the year. When the band is open to W1, then the signals in TF are mostly 15...20 dB stronger. But not the other way arround. If the sun activity was high then the condx are poor and so the far QRN is not propagated. So the S/N in TF may be high (1 hop distance) but the path to W1 is closed. At least my observations over the time. Others may comment...

73, Stefan/DK7FC