Re: LF: MF dipole

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF dipole
From: Claudio Pozzi <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:13:35 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Saturday 30 June 2012 19:12, Stefan Schäfer wrote:
> MF,
>
> About the 630m band dipoles i remember a story:
>
> In late 2008 i started with the 100m kite experiments and used
> J-antennas for 160m. That worked excellent. Matching was done with a 28m
> long RG58 cable. The losses couldn't have been to high since i run 600W
> RF and nothing became significantly warm.
> One evening i was in QSO with a German station while it started to rain.
> If the kite becomes wet, the wind has to be stronger or at least stable
> to keep it in the sky. So it was a question of time until the kite falls
> down. It was completely dark and i didn't see the kite.
> The QSO partner became weaker and the QRN was down. Later i saw that the
> kite was stretched on the wet ground. The SWR was down but anyway it was
> possible to hear the other station and it was possible to finish the QSO!!!
> That was exactly the location where i did the VLF kite experiments in
> 2010/11. The ground conductivity must be "fair" there.

fair ground conductivity you say!

I have read something about "earth level dipoles" experimentation on the
desert sand and on snow/glass fair ground.
But I don't remember when and where....

73 de Claudio ik2pii

--
Claudio Pozzi  -  Happy Linux User  -  http://www.qsl.net/ik2pii

 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Apri subito Conto Corrente Arancio. Carta Visa Gratis e nessun Canone!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid246&d=2-7