LF: 630 meter full size dipole

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 630 meter full size dipole
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:43:43 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan

This may be of interest for your next exploit ...

Looking back in my 500 kHz log, I see that on 1/3/2010 I had a CW QSO with WD2XSH/35 in South Dakota ... who was running a full size 600 meter dipole. As I recall his antenna was relatively low at 30 or 40' above ground and he was running only 50 or 100 watts. His signal was weak but solid copy over the few nights that he was active. Distance was 1210 mi / 1950kM. Believe his antenna was 'out in the open' as he apparently owns a good sized farm.

Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/2