LF: Re: Re: MF dipole

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: MF dipole
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 08:04:17 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Someone forgot to mention the 1 K/watt pumped into this antenna, no good for QRP merchants.
I tried this method years ago on a hotel flat roof in Hongkong and although I did work a few stations it was a POOR performer compared to the same dipole elevated --- big difference
I was running about 100 Watts to the dipole
There is no substitute for an Antenna being elevated into the air as high as possible except short range high angle communications is required, then a low dipole has an advantage.

de mal/g3kev