Re: LF: 472.5...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 472.5...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:14:19 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Wolf,

Thanks for the QSO in fb conds. And sorry for the sudden loss of my signal.

I knew that your time is limited so i hurried to be QRV at 21 UTC. A few minutes before i did a calibrating test of my antenna current amperemeter which is using a current transformer. For reference measuring i soldered a 1 Ohm resistor in series to a 50 Ohm dummy load to measure the voltage with the scope. But then i forgot to remove it after the calibration. Later in the QSO, during my very long Durchgang, the resistor became so hot that the solder melt and the contact was open. Then i connected the antenna directly and switched to LO. No idea what the TX pwr was in this situation. So, far from optimal and all quite confusing :-) But that's amateur radio :-)

Now i've repaired the matchbox and call CQ again but you are probably on the way to your bed...

Next time! At least the band looks promising for a real QSO band and your signals were up to a true 579!

73, cuagn, Stefan/DK7FC

Hi Stefan,
ok- I'm heading for DF0WD now. No internet access there this time. Will call on 472.5 and listen there, also on 501+x kHz.
Cheers,
   Wolf .