LF: K9AY ANT

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: K9AY ANT
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 13:28:20 -0000
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
MF
I have been investigating the K9AY LOOP system and could easily convert my 40m quad loop. Instead of a fixed resistor going to Earth at one end use a 1 Kohm variable resistor and adjust for best front to back in the selected direction, although at my QTH noise is not a problem in any direction, so the advantage would be minimal except for some gain maybe.
A motor driven resistor might be useful for some.
I get good results with the bi directional 40m loop N/S and do not feel that I am missing anything but I might try the K9AY if I get time.
I do not use a preamp, but on 137 it might enhance sensitivity.
mal/g3kev
.