Re: LF: Re: RE: 472 kHz PA running at 12 VDC

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: 472 kHz PA running at 12 VDC
From: "Thomas Rosenkranz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:28:19 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

hy Stefan,

hast du auf MW lust??

Thomas
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 12:18 AM

Hi Pete,

Am 28.06.2012 20:41, schrieb M0FMT:
But they have one of the toroids (T1) wow and its not a min order either double wow!
You can make the RFC1 from such a core used for T1 too, or maybe better two of them. The RFC1 value is not critical. Just if you use a small one it may become hot. Also it should be ferrite of course, not a iron powder core. These would need much more turns.

Litz can be fabricated from 0.125 Cu/En?
Yes of course. The wire pieces are short, so just take a bundle of 8 or 10 or so instead of the litz i'm using. You will see.

Hmm it's plaited ?
Oh, plaited, i learned a new word :-) No, just twisted.

Generally I buy my power FETs by the hand full off E-bay they may not be ideal but are cheap!! 50P (eer 60Ec) (Never mind the quality but feel the width... principle) and the drivers TC range for slightly more.
We pay 0.63 EUR at "Reichelt" (well known in DL :-) ).

As mentioned, there are many alternatives to the IRFZ48N. You can use what you want unless the FET:
-is a N-CH MOSFET
-Drain-Source voltage 55V to 100V (100V is not ideal, watch out for 55 or 60 or 75 or what you find)
-On resistance below 0.1 Ohm
-Input C (C iss) in the range below 3 nF, better below 2 nF.

I'll keep searching for a bit but if anyone has a kitting list (UK source) may be they could publish it?

And thanks Stefan nothing under the Sun is "New" but in context it is new and worth while thanks!
Yes, but if i don't write this, someone will inform me that someone has done it before, nearly always :-) As if my intention would be to do something new (instead of simlply making QSOs or beeing on air :-) )
73 es GL Pete M0FMT IO91UX

73, Stefan/DK7FC