LF: Re: RE: Emailing: 11-18-2009_005

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Emailing: 11-18-2009_005
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 07:59:03 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Terry
The two biggest dangers on Christmas Island were falling Cocoanuts if you were in the vicinity of one of these trees and the other was getting eaten by a shark when swimming. Breathing in DDT was another because the Island was sprayed from the air daily to keep the mosquito population under control. Hbombs were the least hazardous.
I was only there for a short time before and after Christmas, everybodys dream to be on Christmas Island for Christmas who would want to miss that !!!!!!!!!!! the ultimate excitement :-
Fireworks Galore , chance of being eaten by a shark, or crushed by a cocoanut, poisoned by DDT, pinched by a Crab
the up side for a Radio Amateur was the DX location, quiet radio environment and after a BLAST quieter than quiet for several days could not listen to my favoutite radio stations from Honolulu. No satellite communications in those days all LF/MF/HF for long haul and VHF/UHF. The usual air/ground facilities including radar.
This is a LF/MF related message.
de g3kev