Re: LF: Class d & E PAs

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Class d & E PAs
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:52:42 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Ken,

Recently i have discovered a very nice to read paper in the web. Current mode class D PAs are described. The basics are well explained as well as how to calculate the power from the supply voltage (ideal and real). I think this is a good choice for a class D PA on 137 and 500 kHz...
Hope this helps a bit.

73, Stefan/DK7FC

PS: http://sigma.ucsd.edu/research/articles/2001/2001_2.pdf
PPS: A class E PA is a nice circuit but needs a very accurate SWR and construction can be a bit tricky. However i built one for 1 kW on 137 kHz  at 80 VDC with 96% efficiency by using a single IRFP360...