Re: LF: Re: DK7FC in South America

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: DK7FC in South America
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:37:40 +0200
Cc: "YV7MAE Maritn A. Echazarreta D." <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Alan,

Am 15.05.2012 12:41, schrieb Alan Melia:
Well done Stefan and Martin.
Tnx!
I guess Stefan that the path is 4 hops and at
least 3 are probably over water. It may not be that much better in winter.
We will see. I'm looking forward to observe that path over a longer time now. We know, it's not only propagation but also the absence of QRN what is needed. May be an interesting combination there, so close to the equator..

You want stable conditions for that speed QRSS.
Yes. If a loop is used (even if it's a normal loop) i think we can get another 6 dB without problems, just after Martin's sunset. The the loop cancels or reduces the signals from NW and SE and the backside is still quiet, because in daylight.. Then, with these 6 dB improvement, we can go to QRSS-60, so the QSB is not that critical...

73, Stefan/DK7FC

Best Wishes
Alan
G3NYK