LF: Sound card solution

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Sound card solution
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:00:04 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Further to my recent request for help after I damaged my laptop's
sound card, I now have a solution that works.

My first fix was to buy a VERY cheap USB sound card (GBP2). This was
OK for headphone output, but did not work at all when my receiver
audio was connected to its input.

The second one was a slightly less cheap USB card which worked but
with a lot of jitter on the SecLab display. I suspected that the
problem was my USB1 port.

Next I bought a USB2 port that plugged into my old laptop's PCMCIA
port. This improved the jitter, but it was still unacceptable.

The final fix was to buy a high quality SoundBlaster sound card that
plugged into the PCMCIA port. This is a really nice piece of kit and
has solved the problem completely. The cost from an eBay auction was
GBP28.

Thanks to all for the advice. I am now QRV again on QRSS and VLF.

Mike, G3XDV