LF: Windows

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Windows
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 11:47:05 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

No I am not cowering in fear of the next batch of outbursts.

Just thought I would mention one of the old legacy problems that Windows (XP) has annoyed me with again today. In no way is this a criticism of SpecLab.

Yesterday I moved round my Grabber Computers and set up for ZEVS RX. Oh no that's another outburst subject, what a wonderful tolerant group this is where one is not allowed to show an interest in anything but CW.

I closed and saved all SpecLab instances on my LapTop which had a new clean installation of WinXP and SpecLab 2.78 b05. I noted that every instance of Speclab had a fully working Plotter when I started them up, beautiful. Today I started up the instances 1,2 3, fine. 4, one of the instances that is using a Plotter had no "ink in the pens". Wolf and I know this problem, we have discussed it, I know the workarounds, it just causes me a bit of frustration.

The thing is computers and computer O/S should not have 'maybe' states they should not make mistakes, I cite the Jumbo Jet coming in to land full of passengers again, "this is your Captain Speaking the computer has crashed and we are about to".

73 Eddie G3ZJO