Re: LF: Re: Audio transformer test

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Audio transformer test
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 13:28:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Clemens,

In my application i use it to decouple my 2 orthogonal VLF loops from the soundcard and do some "matching" of the low output impedance of the loop to the high input impedance of the soundcard. The levels absolute signal levels rised arround 10 dB, so it is an improvement. However the MSKs, especially DHO38 is 10 dB down now since the transformer does not work on such a high frequency. Anyway, my focus is below 9 kHz and the levels from 9...25 kHz are still fair. There is however not really a S/N improvement and mains hum and all the man made noise in the H field make the loops rather a game instead of a system suitable to detect weak signals from Dreamers. Seems i have to change the location of the loops. The old problem...

73, Stefan/DK7FC