LF: VLF surprise

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VLF surprise
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 23:34:37 +0100
Cc: Paul <[email protected]>, Mike Smith <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

VLF,

I just build an arrangement of 2 orthogonal delta loops with a circumference of 10m. They are not resonated and there is still no preamp in use, so they are directly connected to the soundcard.
They are made out of CAT5 STP cable, so it is a shielded loop with 8 turns.

Now it is possible to run SpecLab in the Colour Direction Finder mode.

Tonite i will be silent on LF just to see how the wideband windows look on VLF. That is a new dimension for me, like switching from black-white TV to colour TV ;-)

Sensitivity is about 15 dB down to the E field grabber on the building. This loop is 7m above ground but on the ground of the 2nd floor of that building. Room for improvements. Anyway it is most interesting to see the different colours of DHO38.

See http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_VLF_Grabber2.html

73, Stefan/DK7FC