Re: LF: Loran and calibration

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loran and calibration
From: Dexter McIntyre W4DEX <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:51:47 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=B6PUszsJIpKgtjS7XhxluKv/+fZsgw0GZxHKpR7gxP4=; b=VtOOagficDCOa45WNx6oMufyN+2NgMBh5XQayGG2NzfoWqiM7jZwgyHHf1fuXcIZYv YQN6dWjZlivoS+9dFif56orfDYpulI931dTTewiE4D3gFiyAI0aCWEsBd/SxFCUiOY/a IvS1S7S/hPlnBRxR/fdDqT4mruOna7SXGDdMjKq+osQOw48a12tkerZfB9vstTG3LmPX WdBQyFhnApEfl6QpevqZxWatmYs1hPk8ujTGUYaEfgSLefepB4JhFcUIUVP8NTxuX5aG CsAiiz5riRRmvlxXIJmCm0F+TfgipxZluaUUpuWGnyg3xnuL1WDjSFhJLRa26j9gZawu B3LQ==
Sender: [email protected]

This?

http://www.lwca.org/library/articles/w1tag/R75cal.htm

Dex

Alberto di Bene wrote:
I remember reading a few years ago on this group a message
saying that if the Loran signals are demodulated with an AM detector,
a few lines should result, whose precision is independent from the
frequency (in)accuracy of the receiver, but is directly tied to
the Loran specs, and could be used to calibrate the frequency display
of the receiver.

Could please somebody recap that for me ? I am unable to find that
message again.   What I am observing, receiving the Loran signals at
100 kHz and using an AM demodulator, are a few steady lines, one of
which being at 1004.70 Hz, quite stable, even in a 700 µHz bandwidth.

What should be its theoretical value, based on what written above ?

TNX

73  Alberto  I2PHD