WSPR audio frequency (Re: LF: Short burst of DK7FC on 137)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: WSPR audio frequency (Re: LF: Short burst of DK7FC on 137)
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 14:05:14 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
John,

I used to have that issue here as well, with the grabber RX normally set to 135.5 kHz USB. Newer versions of WSPR (2.0) will allow you to select a different the BFO frequency (Setup - Advanced menue, eg. 2000 Hz). Keep in mind that the new version switches the soundcard to 48 ks/s samplerate rather than 12 ks/s, which did not work on my older laptop due to incorrect timing.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2012 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: LF: Short burst of DK7FC on 137
I now have the monitoring receiver running again, with usually two invocations of Argo looking at different aspects of 137. I have looked at monitoring WSPR simultaneously, which is possible when the required receiver audio output frequency is 1500 Hz, but when people work at the lower end of the band I have to retune and I can then no longer satisfactorily display the higher frequencies.
John F5VLF