LF: RE: Re: End of 500kc/s NoV?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Re: End of 500kc/s NoV?
From: "James Cowburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 08:44:28 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi All

Im not a lawyer too (hence my poverty!  :-)  )I  think that as they have
said these are now extended and we just need to complete the webforms, my
view would be there's enough daylight in the phrase to interpret either way
and I don't imagine for a minute that Ofcom will come in kicking our doors
down as long as we already hold an NOV.

"Ofcom has therefore determined that, to allow these discussions to be
completed, the current NoVs to allow experimentation between 501 and 504 kHz
should have their validity extended to 31 December 2012. This notice
confirms this fact"

For me the phrase "validity extended" is key here.  Its not saying that new
NOV issues valid from some date to 31st Dec will be issues and the web page
is simply a way of saving OFCOM the paperwork, quite sensibly too, given all
the other stuff on their plate.

Im considering mine extended and so will be on 500kcs on Sunday for the
usual Sunday morning net with XIZ and JXM if they join me

I just need to revisit my maths now and redesign my coil for the 470s

73s and c u on 500  (WSPR/CW and I must try Opera too)

Jim G7NKS