LF: Re: [sub9khz] E-field probe performance

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: [sub9khz] E-field probe performance
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 21:12:51 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=fMWm/V8esXYQHPpAX5cFSvjMZgEpWguSo7caH/Wx4uw=; b=QG/dG+vUxxy/9YZjD996UlQByNjPzb/UGbSb0goNGq24MEKXoqM++IKCgt5xgDUYxZ qb+tr/9ee8GKbhB1lEPAWyZiHdkX8wykGHAzdtuarVlYCK+jmfyzzc/FhrwtP7gtAeSA p8CxSGvj+TwmeuMY/bECn4i9EQoC4LFUJy3Se19cmpu1Nx8qs7jg5lIjluDj9lcJj4Um DB9OF9k1ugWU7m24xgGxNknrdIvcTHeZk7LRCXoUhSiCGqE3Ud9HzSkB9jWxGMS3yObv b+zmaIlQqqs+yM65YFpviev+IkWRTtrHFfhMEb5j+XkIYGkhuVd87eSOIDgONRTmZYVl 72ew==
Sender: [email protected]
Various preamps and E-field probe schematics at https://sites.google.com/site/sub9khz/antennas . If you know of others suitable for VLF use tell me and I'll add them.

I'm a little puzzled by some of the responses, particularly as both PA0RDT and DK7FC designs are E-field probes then surely a "same height, same ground and PSU conditions" test should be possible with a resulting figure possible for like-for-like noise floor, sensitivity (S/N of Alpha beacons, VLF MSK signals), and by looking for the intensity of the intermod line at 9kHz from broadcast signals in Europe an indication of dynamic range? Has no-one done this test at VLF? If not, it looks like I shall have to do it and "suck it and see".

73s
Roger G3XBM