LF: WE2XGR/6 OP8 & OP4 tests

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: WE2XGR/6 OP8 & OP4 tests
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 00:29:37 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Interesting post  in the  yahoo  group

May be a  long  haul  OP2   test  would  give a  useful comparison , other  than ground  wave , I have not  seen , the  longer  OP16  produce  reliable  decodes on  500 , OP8  may  be  the  better  choice , but  2/4 have not  been  tested  ?

G.

WE2XGR/6 [aka WE6XGR-OPERA mode call sign] I ran OP8 for an hour and went to OP4 for an hour and back to OP8 for final hour. OP8 certainly shows promise as a good compromise speed. On OP8 many decodes were all the way down to -35 [G0KTN]. Best I got on OP4 tonite was a -30. All transmitting tonight was at 200 W and that is 20 W ERP with my antenna.