Re: LF: IK1WVQ and full calls in beacons

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: IK1WVQ and full calls in beacons
From: "Douglas D. Williams" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 21:43:58 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Thank you, Stefan. Yes, we need more newbies! Keep up the good work.

D. KB4OER

2012/1/21 Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
LF,

Below you see another example why it is useful to transmit a full call in beacon transmissions.
There is a newcomer from Italy, who did his first experiments on receiving LF. I assume he does not know this group or other radio amateurs beeing active on LF.
If i transmitted "FC" the whole night through then he would have had no chance to find my email adress (qrz.com) and contact me! Now i gave him some hints and who knows, maybe we will see him on air soon, joining in to IK1HSS :-)

Apart from that one can see that there are all the time new chances to gain newcomers. For me that is a very pleasant report and i know that it is always worth to stay active even if the band looks totally abandoned :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC