LF: Beacon to the west... / TA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Beacon to the west... / TA
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 00:43:14 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF group,

After a break of 2 days on LF, which is VERY long for me, i am back on about 136.172. I've done various changes on the circuit and even use another VFO (the DDS is used in the first VLF experiments). It is running on batteries and i just opened the windows to the shack so there may be a little drift.
I'm back with -3 dB f.s. and its frozen outside! :-)
This is the last pair (4 pcs.) of FETs and i will go back to the IRFP460 then. However i found there is also a IRFP460A which looks a bit more suitable for such critical switch mode applications. I've already ordered 20 pcs of them ;-) The FETs i'm using right now have rise and fall times below 10 ns which may be even worse in this application. But maybe the actual reason why they blow up is a completely different. Thus i will test the DDS now (no phase glitches)...

If someone wants to report about the signal, it is welcome :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC