Re: LF: Litz wire available

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Litz wire available
From: Stewart Bryant <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:47:11 +0000
Cc: Alan Melia <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

On 15/09/2011 11:27, Alan Melia wrote:
Hi all, I attended a microwave event at the Crawley Club at the weekend and
met Derek Atter again, G3GRO, who was an early pioneer of LF in the UK.
Despite now being wheelchair bound Derek still takes and active interest in
all things radio.

He advises me that the Crawley Club still has a substantial amount of Litz
wire available. This is quite thick ....Derek says about 800 strand which I
think will mean 729 strand as proper Litz is always a power-of-three. There
are two types avaiable, PTFE jacketed  and DCC (double cotton covered for
the youngsters :-))  )  I recollect this is about 3 to 4 mm outer diameter
and was used on the PA and antenna tuning coils at the Decca Navigator
sites. I understand this is available in return for a donation to Club
funds, and a carriage charge. So now is your chance to increase the "Q" of
your loading coils!!

Please correspond directly with Derek on [email protected]

Best Wishes
Alan G3NYK

We still have a significant quantity of this wire for sale towards
club funds.

Stewart/G3YSX