Re: LF: Opera speeds

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Opera speeds
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:51:40 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Mike

OP is  reporting the average  s/n of  the channel  ..

The purpose of the various speed/time versions are purely the minimum signal decode level

The longer the time slot the lower the s/n capability , if the s/n is showing similar , that is indication that the noise floor at the RX has remained constant during the capture period, with the proviso that app 66% of the signal has been captured ...as to the distribution of the 66 . that has yet
to  be determined

In a test on 500 I ran op 4 and 16 at the same time , with the same carrier levels , OP16 was predicted to give 6dB gain , Eddie , decoded the 16 reliably , where as the 4 was only decoded with round 6 dB increase in Tx out put ..the test also produced a lot of local op15 false spots :(

Thanks GL

73 -G.