Re: LF: QRS V Opera

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRS V Opera
From: "Horst Stöcker" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 13:53:44 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
This question would better be answered by the author but by myself.
But first the decode section of the program might help OPERA to reception of weaker signals. In the case that you can hear the carrier in CW QRSS is also obsolete.
As Morse code is optimized for by ear reception OPERA will generate shorter transmissions due to its data code.
And another thing is the link to the www. Someano may dislike that, but to me it's an advantage.
Unfortunately at the moment one will have mor "listeners" in QRSS than in OPERA. And I will keep on transmitting QRSS in the future. But OPERA is an interesting mode to me - maybe more than other because of the fact that you can use nearly any transmitter.
At least this is classical diskussion in HAM radio about nearly any new mode.
Coding new modes is one kind of experiment. Useful or not, is not the right question. With this view on HAM radio there is nothing useful but cell phone and www.
Horst
DO1KHS/DI2AN