Re: LF: Antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Antennas
From: pat <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 17:16:09 +0000
References: <008301ccc97c$51d9fcf0$0401a8c0@xphd97xgq27nyf> ,<CABP+t7Zgr4iUWhCQzTKnqBQFcsK4_=zjuPWd5AHkvU5Tggu1EA@mail.gmail.com> <BF4A524700075746A6467658DFC7102CB0B489A6C5@ICTS-S-EXC2-CA.luna.kuleuven.be> ,<003501ccca06$6bdef490$0401a8c0@xphd97xgq27nyf> <BF4A524700075746A6467658DFC7102CB0B489A6C6@ICTS-S-EXC2-CA.luna.kuleuven.be> <[email protected]> <004601ccca20$8aa7d1c0$0401a8c0@xphd97xgq27nyf>
Sender: [email protected]
Surely, the whole point of all this, is that WE ARE Amateur Radio
experimenters. Few of us are in an ideal situation to carry out
laboratory standard experimentation or even with professional resources
and real estate at our disposal. However, this may also be said to be
true of the early experimenters who also did not have these resources.
They suffered under the handicap also that there were no rules to refer
to and little reference material upon which to build their knowledge.
Yet, they did achieve remarkable results and adapted their techniques
and technology to reflect the constraints. I don't remember my earlier
education or later experience ever defining an amateur radio QSO as
being one that had to be conducted in a particular mode or by way of a
particular signalling system for technical rather than licensing
reasons. Without the development of new and novel technology whether it
be software or hardware we have great difficulty in justifying our
occupation of valuable spectrum. Or, is it all just a frivolous sport in
which grown men shout into microphones or press switches just for the
sake of collecting more coloured postcards than the next man?
 I wonder if we might start, conduct and enjoy 2012 as a year of
tolerance and understanding. This is a HOBBY. Happy New Year.

73