LF: Lentus etc

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Lentus etc
From: pat <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 01:02:06 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Actually, I laud all of this progress. Communications Engineering is a
pursuit of many facets and designing/inventing methods is at least as
valid as circuit/device development and one of the areas in which
amateur experimenters may make huge contributions.

There are surely limits to the extent to which one may progress in the
development of contact breaker mechanisms reliant on the fulcrum/lever
principle operated in either the vertical or horizontal plane (or
perhaps various angles in between) by interaction between human
hand/limb applied to leverage point and the resultant switching of
electrical circuits.

But then again, I have just spent an hour listening to Chopin being
reproduced from a revolving piece of plastic via a magneto/strictive
transducer whose signals have been processed to provide drive to bigger
transducers in wooden boxes. So what do I know? I have this idea that
the pianoforte mechanism was around long before the telegraph key!

One day Mal, I truly believe that you will be persuaded that CW/Morse is
just a choice and NOT a way of life!

 I have to truly believe that or I might lose the will to go on!

--
73 es gd dx de Pat G4GVW, Nr Felixstowe, East Coast, UK