Re: LF: 136 Opera

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136 Opera
From: pat <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:39:17 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Mal,

I hate constantly rising to your bait but I do genuinely feel that your
opinions can be quite unfeeling, derisory and unkind to many ops and
experimenters. Quite a large number of radio amateurs have to make do
with small urban plots, limited budgets and self-learning from often
non-technical vocations. That they do achieve such results as they often
demonstrate is very often really remarkable. To constantly criticise and
denigrate what they do is a disgraceful and arrogant approach to what is
after all and by definition a hobby. Quite often your pronouncements
tend to suggest that those who obtain the rights of an amateur radio
licence should be only those with backgrounds in "professional" radio
operation or technology, proficiency in wireless telegraphy skills,
acres of real estate, unlimited time and undemanding families, excellent
health etc. etc.
Well, welcome to the real world - which ain't like that Pal !

And if your various outbursts are some sort of humour - some of us just
don't get it !

If you were to take the time out to properly investigate the backgrounds
of some of the participants in this group and their personal
achievements. you might be persuaded to a degree of humility. More so,
you might be further persuaded towards humility if you then investigated
the achievements of some of our vocationally professional but (in
amateur radio terms) hobbyist colleagues.

I am SO GLAD that you are not one of our advocates in the corridors of
power where the future of radio hobby licenses are decided. Dinosaurs
are quite rightly consigned to history and their fossilised remains to
musea!

--
73 es gd dx de Pat G4GVW, Nr Felixstowe, East Coast, UK