RE: LF: Re: Very special condx over the pole?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: Very special condx over the pole?
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 03:18:51 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan/Alan - As Alan quite rightly states I bemoan the fact that Proton events occur (well at least at LF/MF) - It knocks the paths right off for days, nay weeks sometimes and thats why I have to enjoy the not-so-often-openings-over-the-pole. One thing is for sure Ive seen your signal on more days this year than any previous years and the AK dusk opening was a new mode Ive not seen before - ERP and relative stable conditions help but ALans statement on a little activity helping is certainly a proven fact - just not tooooo much!

Ive not seen any positive or added benefits on any modal paths I can detect (on this path) with Proton events, save a splendid free light show - When stationed up in the far North (between 80 and 90N) I cant think of any clear night when there wasnt either a pale electric Blue/Green arc or banded blob visible at some time in the evening - some of which Im sure was Auroral in origin - even on the quietest of Geo/Sol days

 I was surprised to still being seeing HGA22 weakly on the 23rd but since then its completely off my radar and no detectable and any meaningful speed. The weather has been bad even for Alaska and by the looks of it my VLF array is laying sidewards under a large snow drift, though the K9AY and probe appear still to be in the air - Ive also lost my HF Tx antennae and that will have to wait till I go home in March. Loads of Moose being killed as they seek an easier walking route along 6 lane highways between Wasilla and Anchorage :-((

Laurence
remote