Re: LF: Dropbox (again)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Dropbox (again)
From: qrss <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:24:00 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Sorry can't help, but hope you find out and let us know the solution, there are lots of use Dropbox as you know.

Eddie

On 31/01/2012 21:42, Roger Lapthorn wrote:
Well, it appears I am not alone in having recent problems with Dropbox, used for my occasional VLF grabber, according to posts on the Dropbox forum.

I have tried EVERYTHING suggested by experts here and on the Dropbox forum to overcome the "unable to access vital registry information" box appearing when trying to load it. Versions from 0. 7.110 through to 1.3.9 have been tried, unsuccessfully, and I have cleared registries, deleted cache files, even deleted my Windows log-on password for a time (apparently this fixed it for someone) and deleted and reinstalled the Dropbox software, in various revisions, more times than I can recall in the past few days.

Now I have given up unless someone can help with a fix that is certain to work.

As I am not a PC or software expert this has really stumped me. It is a pity as Dropbox was so useful. So, no more occasional VLF grabber from here until I find the fix or an alternative that is less problematic.

73s
Roger G3XBM